Venue (by DFIN)
Venue virtual data room by Donnelley financial solutions (DFIN) is an industry-leading software solution with an extensive legacy. The innovative Venue data rooms employ sophisticated tools such as embedded AI and smart analytics to protect users’ critical information, enable effective collaboration, and drive all types of transactions forward.
Donnelley Venue data room caters to medium and large companies operating in the financial sectors. Among the provider’s clients are PE firms, government agencies, investment banks, startups, and others.
Year Founded 1983
Donnelley financial solutions, the developer of the Venue deal room, was founded in 1983 with headquarters in Chicago, IL. Its parent company, RR Donnelley and Sons, was established in 1864 as a printing and publishing business, creating a widespread reputation for the virtual data room innovation today.
The Donnely data room is equipped with artificial intelligence to enable faster and more efficient decision-making. The users benefit from instruments like auto-redaction, instant cross-platform search, and machine learning analytics.
As for the pricing, the provider states that with the costs based on instant file-level calculation, their billing model is straightforward and transparent. However, as the data volume increases during long-term transactions, the price escalates proportionally, sometimes exceeding budgets.
Venue (by DFIN) Product Details
Average Users' Ratings
Provider's Features Rating
Data was gathered from our users' reviews and data from G2 and Capterra.
Venue Donnelley offers a pay-per-feature fee model. However, the provider doesn’t openly disclose its pricing.
The per-feature cost model can get tricky for users who don’t have a clear outline of the features they need. However, on the other hand, it’s a great model for people who know exactly what features they need, and they won’t be overpaying for any useless functionalities.
DFIN is considered to be on the more expensive side, but you do get a 10-day free trial period before committing to a subscription plan.
Users from Europe have shared that, on average, for DFIN software with 1 GB storage, they’ve paid 1,500 EUR for a month.
RR Donnelley Venue data room is a SaaS solution that can be accessed via computer and mobile browsers. Currently, the provider does not supply dedicated applications for smartphones and tablets.
The platform’s interface can be partially customized to match the user’s branding and be adapted to multiple languages, including most Latin script languages, Chinese, and Japanese.
Features of RR Donnelley
Donnelley Venue employs multiple security measures to protect users’ data. Their approach features techniques such as 256-bit encryption, regulatory compliance with SOC 2 standards, instant redaction, and precise access control.
Additionally, each file uploaded to the data room is secured with dynamic watermarking. Such watermarks contain information like the account name, current viewer’s email and IP address, and other details that help trace the sources of potential data mishandling.
Venue virtual data room reduces the manual approach to data systematization by supplying tools for locating the necessary files with flexible search terms in less than a minute, performing bulk uploads, and accessing a full-folder arrangement view to assess the big picture and expedite relevant provisions.
And the equipped document storage completely excludes the need for printing documents, reducing the final cost of transaction processing.
Communication and workflow monitoring
Virtual data rooms by Donnelley financial solutions are built for convenient and productive collaboration. The administrators can leverage auto-redaction in real-time, retrieve on-demand intelligence to evaluate engagement, communicate with teams, and track how many users actively contribute to the data room.
Donnelley Venue data room solutions are continually optimized to supply relevant options for all types of transactions within the financial sector. Below are examples of how the virtual data room by DFIN benefits project processors.
- IPO. Virtual data rooms facilitate faster IPO filing by allowing users to instantly upload bulk documents, give data access to investment banks, and navigate the complex due diligence.
- M&A. A data room can serve as a platform for handling every stage of merger and acquisition transactions, from market scouting to the post-merger integration processes. Venue by DFIN lets users schedule audit procedures, manage multiple deals simultaneously, and extract engagement analytics to assess the buyer behavior patterns.
- SPAC. Venue data room can serve as a full-circle SPAC solution, offering insightful analytics and all the necessary tools to conclude the deal process securely.
Venue by DFIN addresses clients’ queries through an extensive knowledge hub, internationally located phone support representatives, and email. New users will also get assistance from a dedicated project manager assigned to simplify the initial setup procedures and answer any arising questions.
Reasons to choose Venue
- Streamlined data room setup. A quick start can significantly accelerate deal closing. Regionally assigned project manager from Venue by DFIN will help users organize the data room and configure multi-deal management tools.
- Enhanced security. Multi-factor authentication, 256-bit encryption, dynamic watermarking, scheduled virus scans, and other tools help protect sensitive information inside the data room at any point in time.
- Smart reporting and analytics. According to DFIN, scheduled reports provide transparency and improve accountability during extended projects. AI reporting applications and accurate and insightful analytics allow users to monitor the deal progress and make timely adjustments to their approach.
- Advanced workflow efficiency. The Venue virtual data room allows instant content delivery, multi-channel communications, and automatic electronic archiving. It is much easier to automate tasks, address media inquiries, and expedite deal closing with these tools.
- Innovative AI contract analytics. Venue by DFIN data rooms accelerate any complex process such as M&A or IPO due diligence by simplifying voluminous document reviews and allowing key stakeholders to focus on critical matters.
Leave your review
My company used Venue during the last merger, and for the most part, we were all satisfied with the functionality. I would personally point out the great service delivered by the team at the beginning of our experience. They really went the extra mile helping us understand the software and highlighting specific tools for our case. I also enjoyed the feature that allows scheduling audit reporting and fast file location. But the price was slightly above the initial budget.
I am using this data room for a couple of months, and I can’t say there are any cool features. It’s quite basic, although it’s a very quality data room. There is an AI feature as advertised, but I can’t find the use for it so far.
I have to say that I’ve expected more from this data room. Venue introduces itself as a next-level data room provider that offers some advanced features. While in reality, it’s just a good data room, but there is nothing extraordinary about it. My team is satisfied with it, but I’m looking for a more advanced solution.
The artificial intelligence is why I picked Venue because I like everything that’s rather high-tech. I just began using this data room, and I didn’t get to try the AI function yet. But it’s supposed to fetch your data about the contracts you’re offered during the deal. For now, it’s just a good data room to me.
Venue is a decent data room, and even though I like it, I don’t think there is anything special about it. However, I don’t really need the AI feature.
The built-in artificial intelligence is such a time-saver for me. My company goes through deals constantly, and the AI allows me to understand the terms of contracts in one glance.
It’s easy to trust RR Donnelley data room because this provider is very old and experienced. That was the reason we picked this vendor. It feels a bit restricting because this data room doesn’t have all the features other providers offer. But in general, it is a nice fit for us.
I’ve heard a lot about Venue data room as our partners were using it. So I merely picked the provider I knew. This data room is not the best option on the market, and there are more advanced providers. But so far, I am satisfied since I am new to this technology.
We are a financial service company, and we need to make everything for our customers to feel secure. We chose RR Donnelley data room because this provider exists for ages, and everyone seems to know and trust it. The service has all the required features, so there is no issue here. It lacks customization, but that’s not a big problem for us.
We’re using Venue data room for due diligence and to share information with our clients. It is a decent service that provides us with all the tools we need to work with data. The software is simple enough for all our customers to understand. So we are quite satisfied with this data room so far.