Venue (by DFIN)
Venue virtual data room by Donnelley financial solutions (DFIN) is an industry-leading software solution with an extensive legacy. The innovative Venue data rooms employ sophisticated tools such as embedded AI and smart analytics to protect users’ critical information, enable effective collaboration, and drive all types of transactions forward.
Donnelley Venue data room caters to medium and large companies operating in the financial sectors. Among the provider’s clients are PE firms, government agencies, investment banks, startups, and others.
Year Founded 1983
Donnelley financial solutions, the developer of the Venue deal room, was founded in 1983 with headquarters in Chicago, IL. Its parent company, RR Donnelley and Sons, was established in 1864 as a printing and publishing business, creating a widespread reputation for the virtual data room innovation today.
The Donnely data room is equipped with artificial intelligence to enable faster and more efficient decision-making. The users benefit from instruments like auto-redaction, instant cross-platform search, and machine learning analytics.
As for the pricing, the provider states that with the costs based on instant file-level calculation, their billing model is straightforward and transparent. However, as the data volume increases during long-term transactions, the price escalates proportionally, sometimes exceeding budgets.
Venue (by DFIN) Product Details
Average Users' Ratings
Provider's Features Rating
Data was gathered from our users' reviews and data from G2 and Capterra.
Venue Donnelley offers a pay-per-feature fee model. However, the provider doesn’t openly disclose its pricing.
The per-feature cost model can get tricky for users who don’t have a clear outline of the features they need. However, on the other hand, it’s a great model for people who know exactly what features they need, and they won’t be overpaying for any useless functionalities.
DFIN is considered to be on the more expensive side, but you do get a 10-day free trial period before committing to a subscription plan.
Users from Europe have shared that, on average, for DFIN software with 1 GB storage, they’ve paid 1,500 EUR for a month.
RR Donnelley Venue data room is a SaaS solution that can be accessed via computer and mobile browsers. Currently, the provider does not supply dedicated applications for smartphones and tablets.
The platform’s interface can be partially customized to match the user’s branding and be adapted to multiple languages, including most Latin script languages, Chinese, and Japanese.
Features of RR Donnelley
Donnelley Venue employs multiple security measures to protect users’ data. Their approach features techniques such as 256-bit encryption, regulatory compliance with SOC 2 standards, instant redaction, and precise access control.
Additionally, each file uploaded to the data room is secured with dynamic watermarking. Such watermarks contain information like the account name, current viewer’s email and IP address, and other details that help trace the sources of potential data mishandling.
Venue virtual data room reduces the manual approach to data systematization by supplying tools for locating the necessary files with flexible search terms in less than a minute, performing bulk uploads, and accessing a full-folder arrangement view to assess the big picture and expedite relevant provisions.
And the equipped document storage completely excludes the need for printing documents, reducing the final cost of transaction processing.
Communication and workflow monitoring
Virtual data rooms by Donnelley financial solutions are built for convenient and productive collaboration. The administrators can leverage auto-redaction in real-time, retrieve on-demand intelligence to evaluate engagement, communicate with teams, and track how many users actively contribute to the data room.
Donnelley Venue data room solutions are continually optimized to supply relevant options for all types of transactions within the financial sector. Below are examples of how the virtual data room by DFIN benefits project processors.
- IPO. Virtual data rooms facilitate faster IPO filing by allowing users to instantly upload bulk documents, give data access to investment banks, and navigate the complex due diligence.
- M&A. A data room can serve as a platform for handling every stage of merger and acquisition transactions, from market scouting to the post-merger integration processes. Venue by DFIN lets users schedule audit procedures, manage multiple deals simultaneously, and extract engagement analytics to assess the buyer behavior patterns.
- SPAC. Venue data room can serve as a full-circle SPAC solution, offering insightful analytics and all the necessary tools to conclude the deal process securely.
Venue by DFIN addresses clients’ queries through an extensive knowledge hub, internationally located phone support representatives, and email. New users will also get assistance from a dedicated project manager assigned to simplify the initial setup procedures and answer any arising questions.
Reasons to choose Venue
- Streamlined data room setup. A quick start can significantly accelerate deal closing. Regionally assigned project manager from Venue by DFIN will help users organize the data room and configure multi-deal management tools.
- Enhanced security. Multi-factor authentication, 256-bit encryption, dynamic watermarking, scheduled virus scans, and other tools help protect sensitive information inside the data room at any point in time.
- Smart reporting and analytics. According to DFIN, scheduled reports provide transparency and improve accountability during extended projects. AI reporting applications and accurate and insightful analytics allow users to monitor the deal progress and make timely adjustments to their approach.
- Advanced workflow efficiency. The Venue virtual data room allows instant content delivery, multi-channel communications, and automatic electronic archiving. It is much easier to automate tasks, address media inquiries, and expedite deal closing with these tools.
- Innovative AI contract analytics. Venue by DFIN data rooms accelerate any complex process such as M&A or IPO due diligence by simplifying voluminous document reviews and allowing key stakeholders to focus on critical matters.
Frequently asked question
What is Venue?
Venue is a virtual data room designed to securely store sensitive documents and manage business workflows during mergers and acquisitions, due diligence, restructurings, and other complex transactions. The solution is a product of Donnelley Financial Solution, a provider of financial software services.
What does Donnelley Financial Solutions do?
Donnelley Financial Solutions offer a range of innovative financial solutions, including services such as investment banking, asset management, corporate finance, financial planning, and more.
How much does a Venue cost?
Venue cost isn’t disclosed on the official website. Get in touch with their sales team for pricing details.
How does DFIN work?
DFIN works as a feature-rich solution streamlining and empowering business transactions for private and public entities, mutual funds, and other investment firms.
Leave your review